Saturday, September 16, 2006

If I could do it all over again...

...I probably wouldn't!

Last night, my friend Patti (whom I have known since kindergarten - that's 27 years at this point) came over and we watched our graduation video from high school and a home movie from our sophomore summer before junior year. Let me tell you, it is very useful to watch footage of yourself, if nothing else but to breathe a sigh of relief that it is not good to stay the same always. I was really gawky, bossy, and not all that funny. Which was exactly as I perceived myself at the time, but didn't think I could change. Hmmmm...that doesn't make a lot of sense, but I'll try to explain it after I've had some coffee and breakfast. But, here is a short list of things that I am glad have changed:

1) Plus sizes for women are now everywhere, as opposed to being muu muus ordered through the mail (or XXL men's shirts)
2) There are much better choices in eyewear - even the "cool" kids at graduation were wearing some of the most hideous eyeglasses!
3) Atlantic Star was only a one-hit wonder with "I Miss You"
4) Men's boxer shorts are no longer worn over bicycle shorts - it looks like a baboon butt in the back and a camel toe in the front
5) No more sprial perm, surf the wave bangs, worn over one shoulder long hair (shudder)
6) I expanded my friendship base and can now stay in better touch with everyone through e-mail and myspace
7) Digital cameras - though this is both good and bad
8) I don't have to drag a guy to the dance floor to dance with me (thanks, honey!)
9) I think I'm a little more subtle now (lol - maybe)
10) My husband thinks the gawky geeky me is cute, though I am sure he's glad we didn't try to date in high school.

^_^

No comments: