Thursday, January 12, 2006

Bad chicken(pox) leftovers

I wouldn't believe this if I had read it.

Or if a fortune teller had predicted it.

Or if someone had written about it in a blog and I thought, wow, that could be me!

But it happened: I, ladies and gentlemen, have managed to reawaken the dormant chickenpox virus that apparently has been hitching a ride in my spinal column, and now have a case of the shingles. Right on my left keister.

This is not something I would wish on anyone. Now thankfully, it's not as though I "caught" it from somewhere or that I could really give it to someone else unless they had never had chickenpox before (and came in contact on an open sore on my usually very covered butt). But it's not pretty and it kinda hurts, like being burned with a curling iron. And it takes a while to heal - two weeks on an anti-viral waiting for the shingles to scab and fall off. Mmmmmm-hmmmm tasty! I should go suck down a pound of tomatoes 'cause I don't think I'm getting a cold sore anytime soon.

So, sorry if this is more personal than you ever wanted to know about me, but it's just kinda funny (this usually happens in older people) and I am bound to ruminate on it in at least a couple more posts.

Oh, and for more information. not that you can do anything to prevent shingles really, I recommend this site: Shingles, an Unwelcome Encore

No comments: