Monday, January 15, 2007

Time Capsule: Distant Sun

Ahhhh - another one of those songs that I have been known to include on every mix tape or play with the "repeat" button on: 1993's "Distant Sun" by Crowded House. I do love "Don't Dream It's Over," but for some reason, this one sticks with me more. Here's the video:


In 1993 I was a second semester freshman working in the WSU Student Council office. I found pages from a jounal I was keeping around that time and it always surprises me how much I wish I knew then what I know now and how much more of my life was ahead of me. And yet, I still wouldn't change anything. I needed to be bored, rejected, desired, sleepy, angsty, happy, whatever, in order to be who I am today. If I had known then what I know now I would have either been an arrogant wench or a blase and jaded moper. I was still getting used to who I was and relishing not being the oldest one or the smartest one or even the oddest one.

I hope that wherever you were 14 years ago (yikes) that you are just as happy, if not more so, now.

^_^

No comments: