Sunday, November 12, 2006

November 11 already????

Ok, that's just a little messed up - I mean, it was just my friggin' birthday! But it's true - I've been home from Indy for three weeks or so and Geoff's been to Edmonton and back (for pics of Geoff's adventure in the Great White North, go here).

It's been so crazy that I've I'm still way behind in my e-mail message replies - just ask anyone who sent me an e-mail requiring more than just a sentence or two. Honors students get to register three business days before everyone else, but there were a whole bunch of technical difficulties and students who hadn't had the chance to see me and all sorts of crazy fun that meant very little downtime for me once I got back from Indianapolis. Between November 1 and November 7, I responded to over 350 e-mails and my lead peer advisor, Craig, cranked out another 100 or so.

Still, I guess it's better to be busy than not, and the upcoming Thanksgiving holiday should be fun. Geoffrey and I will be celebrating our 5th anniversary on the 23rd, so it will be turkey and pie for our celebratory feast. We have plans to get together with friends that weekend and I am singing with the Detroit Archdiocesan Chorus for Handel's Messiah on the 26th. If you live in the Metro Detroit Area and want to hear an amazing work in a fantastic space (the Cathedral of the Most Blessed Sacrament in Detroit), this is a performance I highly recommend.

Other than that, the house is overflowing with pet hair and unsorted paper receipts, I am trying to keep at least two brain cells firing at one point in time, and I have new pictures posted on my flickr site http://www.flickr.com/photos/kodamakitty

On one of the photos, I mention really loving the newest version of iPhoto (v. 6.0.5). I must admit, I am a total amateur but I love what I see in my photos and iPhoto helps me bring out that vision. The amount of tweaking you can do to a photo in edit mode is astounding, yet simple. It *almost* makes me want to go through all of my other pics and redo them...um, maybe not.

Ok, I am off to bed.
^_^

"Good morning, and in case I don't see ya, good afternoon, good evening, and good night!"
-The Truman Show

2 comments:

darling said...

Belated Happy Birthday!!
Hope he had a great time in Edmonton. YAY Canada lol

Liza said...

Thanks, darling - that is so amazingly sweet of you. Geoff enjoyed Edmonton, kinda, but we're really more Windsor and Toronto people - yay Ontario! (eh??)

As a fellow Libra (I'm teetering right on the cusp of Scorpio and Libra), you've had a birthday recently, too, right?

Big hugs, Liza
^_^